Friday, July 6, 2012

For the band students...

You should have received your band camp packet.  In a few weeks, I hope to post a little more information, so please continue to check Perry & Smitty Blog after I return to Oklahoma.  What you need to know is the following:
  • August 2nd is the day festivities begin. (I know you guys cannot wait to see me!) On Monday, August 6th, we will all travel to Camp Bond for a day of rehearsal, team building, swimming, food, and fun.  The cost for this day is $10/person.
  • I did forgot to list that new students will need to pay approximately $50 during the first few weeks for their polo shirt & marching shoes.  Former students, you should have your shirt & shoes.  We do have a box of used shoes.  Anyone may look through these on a first come, first serve basis.
  • Please do NOT let a lack of money keep you from coming to camp.  If you are in need of financial assistance, please talk to me when camp begins.  :)
  • Tryout is the school song (Our Director) MEMORIZED and the chromatic scale for the full range of your instrument. 
  • There was a question asked about $500 that was listed on one of the pages in the mailer. I have no idea what that refers to. I have looked through the letters I emailed our band parents to place in your packets, and my original does not show any large sums of money.  All students are welcome to bring me $500 for my shopping pleasure. However, my guess if that does exist on your copy it is a formatting difference between my document and Mrs. McGaha's. 
  • You may contact me AFTER July 13th if you need to check out an instrument to practice.  If you already have an instrument--PRACTICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment