Sunday, July 2, 2017

Last Day in the PI

On my last full day in the Philippines, I had the honor of going to the very first place I ever went in the PI back on November 11, 2005. (I remember because it was Veterans Day and a US Navy band was playing.) I went to the Manila American Cemetery where many US soldiers were buried during WWII.  It is the largest cemetery of buried WWII soldiers of over 17,000.  It is a beautiful Cemetery.  I'm not sure a platypus was allowed, but I made sure to bust him out only around people I knew and not around any other visitors. 

After the historical portion of our day, we fought traffic to get to Greenhills, the happiest shopping in the world. Well, maybe not THE world. You see...I was born to haggle. My parents taught me at a young age in our many trips to Mexico. So, I have no problems arguing a price. I just go with the mindset that there is nothing I have to have so I don't overspend.  I was able to score a few Christmas presents before my departure.  

Later that evening, I joined the American delegates for the largest (and fanciest) buffet I have ever seen.  Leaving Manila is a good thing....between Midnight Meal and buffets, I'm going to be fat. 






No comments:

Post a Comment