Thursday, July 9, 2015

Perry's Post

Dear Laura,

How could you leave me in Saipan?  I know you left in such a rush, but you do not understand all that I'm currently going through.  A couple of days ago, the lone undersea fiber-optic cable connecting Saipan (and the rest of the CNMI--Tinian, Rota) to the rest of the world BROKE.

This means I can't make phone calls (from landlines or cell phones).  There is no internet. (You're probably wondering how I am even posting this message.  I borrowed a friend's satellite phone.)  There are no credit cards...bank cards...or ATMS working.  Flights are grounded.    Saipan just went totally off the grid.  And from the typhoon that hit earlier this week, we don't have city water (meaning we are relaying on rain water and bottled drinking water). 

Do you plan to rescue me?  Can you send a boat?  A helicopter?  A space shuttle?  You could be blogging all kinds of lies about me right now and how would I know so I can't check the internet?  Sigh.

Even though you left me, I do still miss you.  I'll miss the band students.  Maybe you'll rescue me before this year's band trip. 

Love,
Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment