Thursday, July 9, 2015

Roach Room Make Over!

My friend MaKenzie will be moving to Guam in a few weeks to help with the church for the next year.  She will have the grand honor of living in the Roach Room (as I so affectionately named it).  Perry and I worked really hard to rid it of the roaches...and to update it just a bit.

Before...
The bathroom....the rug was kind of stuck to the floor....

The closet/kitchen?

My fuzzy orange blanket.

Another view.

Baby roaches that were under the dresser.

A view of the ceiling....

And now, check out the newly "updated" Roach Room.  The furniture was rearranged.  The roaches murdered and swept away.  And a few homey touches to help MaKenzie feels like she has a little living space...I hope.  :)

A sitting area...with CARPET! (Carpet is such an island luxury.)

The bed is in its new place with a new bedspread, another carpet, and a matching lamp.

The closet kitchen got a few organizing things and an island-style clothes hamper.  (And if you look closely, there's a gift waiting on MaKenzie.)

New bathmats (one you can't see) and a new medicine cabinet.  The old one needed burned.

The bathroom is so tiny, but I added some shelving to try to add a bit more room.

Here's a front view of the sitting area. (This is where the bed was in the before pics.)

Maybe a ceiling fan will help cool off a very warm room!

And if you know MaK like I do, you'll know she will appreciate the new bars on the windows! 

This still isn't the Hyatt, but hopefully it will make her next 11 months a bit more comfortable and giver her a head start as she makes it her own room.  I just can't believe I didn't do this seven years ago! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment