Friday, June 20, 2014

Signs....


Yes, I'm in paradise. No, I'm not allowed to drink the water. 

The sign below says to watch your kids. Does this mean watch your kids fall in?

Today I was at a hotel pool.  I usually sit and read at the kiddie section since there are rarely people up in that area.   Today there was a Japanese family. After about 20 minutes they left, and I noticed a little girl in the water.  I say notice...I HEARD her as she was screaming and crying at the top of her lungs.  If I had my camera, I would have taken a picture with her alone and the sign in the background that says, "Parents, do not leave your children unattended in the Kiddie Pool."  Hmmmm...perhaps that would have been mean and un-thoughtful as she's screaming away.  She continues screaming, and I start to worry. She is standing and is physically okay, but obviously scared.  I try to talk to her, but I don't know anything to say in Japanese.  An employee walks by and asks if she's with me, and I say no. He says something to her in English and then in Japanese. Finally, a frantic dad runs up from the pools below and grabs her.  She still continues to scream.  The employee is really angry and starts saying lots of mean things in English--assuming the dad can't understand. But perhaps, it would have been good for the dad to hear what he had to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment