Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Break In....

I had "one of those days" on Saturday. If home hadn't been 8000+ miles a day, I just might have hopped back on an airplane. (Well, there's the distance and the whole I hate to fly thing.)

A couple of guys from the Philippines are traveling to visit all the Naz churches in Micronesia. Since they were beating me to Guam, they let themselves into the house.  I arrived at midnight before they needed to leave for the airport at 5am.  I told them to just return all the keys in case my personal set of keys didn't have everything I needed on them.  When I woke up on Saturday morning, I discovered on 2 of the 3 needed keys were there.  The missing key is the only one that unlocked the outside
screen door.


I wiggled the door.  That didn't work.
I wiggled the door harder.  Still didn't work.
I circled the parsonage looking for an open window. Nothing.
I beat on a few windows. They didn't pop open.
I tried the front door....and the back door....nothing.
I emailed the pastor in the states hoping someone had a key.  He did...on his keychain...IN the house.

The only logical thing to do at this point is bust out my criminal skills and BREAK IN.  I was a little worried about somebody calling the cops. Thankfully, it was 6:30am. However, it was daylight and the last time I had to break in to something around here was well after sunset.  (See post from July 8, 2012 for more details on that adventure.)  Also, the parsonage is known for random break-ins.  One a few months ago (hence the all the extra locks around here) and one when I was living on island (they stole jewelry, computers, and my friend Ben's Rav4 that he left at the parsonage because he felt it would be safer than leaving at his apartment while he was off island.) This gives me an idea....

I recall the break in of late December 2006.  I recall the details of how the criminal entered the parsonage.  Would it still work!?  No way...surely in the 7 1/2 years since that break-in someone has fixed the slight glitch in the parsonage.  I take a chair the side window...and wah-la...it opens!

Now for a ladder....


Looking back, it would have much easier to have sent Perry inside, but I wasn't really thinking.  I was thirsty.  I needed toilet paper.  I just wanted INSIDE.

Up the ladder I climbed and down onto the dryer, I fell.


And the side window of the parsonage that someone should have blocked years ago....I did that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment