Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Flight

If you know me...I HATE to fly. If I could think of a stronger word than hate right now, I'd use it.  There is one small thing that can help when I'm flying--flying on an airline without USA roots.  No offense to the good ole Red, White, & Blue, but airlines based in that country are terrible.  However, airlines without their roots in the United States have service, good food (lots of food actually...including ice cream and chocolate bars), and MOVIES!  (Yes, other airlines have movies, but they are usually on a set repeating schedule...and the sound is usually broken.  This airlines had 200+ movies.)

I had been dying to see the movie Saving, Mr. Banks.  Of course, my local movie theatre never brings the one movie a year I want to see.  I had anxiously awaited the day it was to play at the McSwain Theatre--only to be given State Band Solo and Ensemble times that put us home too late. But finally...on my dreaded fight I was able to watch the most anticipated movie (for me) of last year!  But that isn't even the best part. The best part is that they also were showing Mary Poppins which I played immediately after Saving, Mr. Banks.  Of course, I sang every word (hopefully to myself or the poor Japanese lady and gentlemen on each side or me had a most miserable flight).  And then what did I do...played it all over again...and again!  Until...

Perry discovered that Phineas and Ferb was also playing....

No comments:

Post a Comment