Friday, July 12, 2013

The Grotto

Yesterday, my friend Josiah and I wanted to break MaKenzie in on her first day on island--and Josiah's last--The Grotto.



The grotto is kind of a cave that leads out to the ocean.  The giant rock you see in the 2nd picture is the rock you jump off of...but stay clear of the sides of the rock which is known as the "washing machine."  But once you get out from the rock it is as calm as can be.  Some mornings you can even see sea turtles swimming.  We just saw the normal--fish and divers.

I found this video on you-tube of some guys who were making the hike down the billions of stairs and around to the rocks.  Since I already lost one camera last summer, I'm stealing someone else's video so my camera (or should I say...my parents' old camera) doesn't get stolen this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment