Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Mt. Tapochau and Taste

My friend Alison invited me on a Mt Tapochau viewing with her and her kids followed by Taste of the Marianas.  (Last time I went up Tapochau, the road was so bad I said never again.  But our friend had actually gone up the night before in her car, so we figured we could make it the SUV--granted, I was still a bit skeptical.) 

Mt Tapochau is the highest peak in Saipan. When at the top you can see the entire island.  It was also very significant during WWII.  Sadly it had just been raining, so we did get any really great pictures of the view.  But the "air conditioning" was wonderful. It's so windy up there it's like it dropped 20 degrees. (Well, at least 3 degrees anyway.)

Perry got a few selfies in...











And because my view was a little crummy, here's what you can see....





After Tapochau, we headed down to the last night of Taste of the Marianas.  I enjoyed some fish tacos.  In one of the bands performing, Alison pointed out the uke player was the uke teacher at her school. The she said his name.....he was a first grader when I taught there. Yep. I'm old. 











And then maybe a few pictures of some things you don't see every day:
 

Signs advertising Sizzling Squid

A roasting pig over coals

A platypus with a roasting pig over coals


No comments:

Post a Comment