Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Two Lovers Point

I wasn't in Guam long when Perry was screaming for adventure (as was the pastor's daughter, Shan). I don't know if you have ever been on a trans-Pacific flight, but adventure is hard when you touchdown after all those hours.

However, knowing I was cheated out of two weeks of my island adventure, time was wasting. We loaded up and went to Troungs, my favorite Guam restaurant.  Oh lumpia and crispy fries noodle---how Perry and I have missed you! 
Lumpia--heaven in the mouth



Shan had ended up locking her parents out of the house, so lunch was cut short to go rescue them. (Note: if you read previous blogs, it is perfectly normal to be locked out of the parsonage when I'm on island.) After the great parsonage rescue, we went to Two Lovers Point. Shan really wanted to go there for the gift shop, and I do enjoy the view. 

The legend says these two lovers were forbidden to be together by their families. So they decided to sail away. But as they went to leave, the Spanish came. They were pursued up this cliff.  Eventually, when jumping was their only option, they tied their hair together and jumped.  Wasn't that a feel good story. :/



And as you can see....Perry enjoyed the view too! 





No comments:

Post a Comment