Thursday, June 4, 2015

Band Nerd Stuff

Once a band nerd...always a band nerd...even if 8000 miles from home base.



On Friday night I got to attend the Saipan Southern High School's rehearsal. (To any students reading: you think I'm a band Nazi with after school rehearsals.  They were starting at 7:30pm and going until 10pm.  I'm never THAT bad.  I also learned that food at rehearsals is a universal thing. They had donuts.)








This band was incredible. They have really, really improved over the years.  The band director asked me for some tips and all I could think was..."I wish my band could do dynamics like this band."  I also wish I had their bari-sax, vibes, and a few other instruments.  [Note to band directors: this position will be open in the fall.  Imagine with me...tropical island, beach/spa any time you want, unlimited Thai House trips, smoothies at PIC every night....maybe I should apply!]








Then on Tuesday, I went to Kagman Elementary School to do a woodwind (and also a strings) presentation.  Nothing like playing a little clarinet/violin music to a group of kindergarten students. We learned some chants, and they sang along to my playing.  It was a lot of fun, but I am also reminded when I do not teach kindergarten.  

No comments:

Post a Comment