Saturday, June 13, 2015

Catch the Wave--Days 3 & 4

The third day of Catch the Wave involved lasagna, which just happens to be one of my favorite meals.  I’m guessing it is the teens’ favorite meal too, seeing that there were no leftovers.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, hot dogs are basically the “choice meat” of the islands (other than SPAM, of course).  After I lived here, it is stretch for me to partake in this great American food.  See the hotdog “sausage” is used here for a breakfast "sausage"….it is used for meat in spaghetti….and many, many other examples.  Earlier in the week, I was talking to my dad on the phone, and he asked where they would get the meat for the lasagna—or if they would just use hot dogs.  After eating the lasagna, I emailed my dad and informed him that it was a meatless lasagna, but we did have hotdogs as a side food. J  

We also had ice cream Sundaes as well! YUMMY.


Our theme for Day 3 was Catch the Wave of Purity.


On Day 4 of Catch the Wave, we kicked off with the teens leading the music in our Sunday Service.  These are the ones brave enough to go on the stage! :)

After the service (and while we were waiting on the pizzas), we all participated in a prayer walk.  It was an extra warm day for this, but I think we were all blessed by the time we could spend talking with God.

After pizza and chocolate cake (can you tell we like to eat?), we spent the last couple of hours playing ridiculous games.  They seemed to be a big hit too.  I also learned which games are best not played right after we eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment