Monday, June 1, 2015

Friday on the island.....

It is really hard to blog on an iPad. I just spent an hour trying to figure out how to post a pic to my blog. Urgh. That's why the blogs have been slow coming.

On Friday, I got to bed about 5am (see previous post of the nightmare trip). [Even though the trip was long and miserable, I had some great flight crews which doesn't happen these days and I made it safely, so i can't really complain.] I woke up a million times, but got out of bed at 10am. After letting my folks know I was alive, I made it down the mountain to Thai House, my favorite restaurant in the world.  I walk in and hear my name! (This has been happening a lot lately.) My friend Rose was about to sit down and invited me to join her.  Island life is similar to Francis life...except the whole beach thing...you always see someone you know.  Then the waiters had to come by and greet me and ask how long I was staying. (Yes, the waiters do know me by name. I told you I loved the place. And it is a small island too.) After getting my fill of the Friday buffet (which is the best days buffet), it was spa time!

The spa is so gorgeous and so often I sit there in awe that I could be allowed the privilege of something so extravagant. But, my "local" status allows me luxuries I couldn't always have. I enjoyed the pools and a massage. That is the way to end a miserable trip!

That night I got to enjoy smoothies on the beach. Another island luxury.  Somehow, I managed to hang on until 10pm with so little sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment