Monday, June 15, 2015

VBS--Day 1

This year marks the tenth anniversary of directing Vacation Bible School in Guam.  Though it has come with more challenges than usual, the smiles on the kids faces is priceless.

Weird Animals: Where Jesus' Love is One-of-a-Kind is this year's theme. (Some of you may think, "No, that's last year's theme."  Since I fund most of the decorations, crafts, etc myself or with donations of others, I have found it it is much more efficient to use someone's year-old VBS and then buy crafts and decorations on clearance!  It works out in a great way, because two more churches--Guam & Saipan--have the opportunity to benefit from the VBS.  Thank you Sara Frakes for sending me your old VBS to use!  The crazy part, is this is the about the fifth year I have borrowed a VBS.  And every single year, there is one teacher's book missing: the Bible stories book.  How weird is that?)

Here's my weird animals habitat...

 And here we are hanging out before the festivities began!



No comments:

Post a Comment