Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Rough 24 or Eat More Beef

I should have known things in Guam were going to start out rough when it took 10 minutes to locate the three keys needed to bust in the parsonage.  I was pretty sure it was going to be a third year of  a breaking and entering blog.  However, since the last time I busted in, I secured the windows so people couldn't break in and the church put bars over the other windows.  Eventually, I found all the right keys and while working on the locks, a giant roach ran across my foot.  It was a sign of doom.  (Did I mention it smelled really, really, really awful?)

It was nearly 1am before I made it to bed.  However, my back hurt so bad I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep.  (The light in this dark blog of the day is that I have the master bedroom this summer instead of my roach room.  That bed has a really good mattress, unlike Guam's second worst mattress that is on my bed in the roach room.  Guam's first worst mattress was the one I had when I first moved here.)  It was well after 2am until I dozed off.

As the sun started coming up a bit before 6am, the chickens let me know it.  Then the house behind me just have gotten a very noisy dog since my last stay.  Dog and chickens do not make for sound sleep.

Work needed to be done though, so I scurried off to the Post Office to see if Chris (the postmaster) had my boxes.  When I walked out the door of the parsonage I remembered....the smell....

I got to the Dededo post office, and Chris greeted me.  I asked if he had two packages for me.  Chris, being the good post master knowing everyone's business, knew my mom had sent me something (which were a few of the missing VBS books I ordered).  However, the giant box of clearanced crafts and decorations from Oriental Trading had not arrived.  Nooooooooooooooo!

I got back to the parsonage.  Ugh...that smell.  I did a little poking around, and it didn't take me long to find a dead cat. The country girl has no idea what city folks due when they come across a dead animal.  I decided I didn't care about that and went to see if I could track my package.  I discovered that Oriental Trading didn't even ship it until 9 days after I ordered it.  I discovered that it should have arrived last week.  I discovered that it is somewhere over the ocean.  (I later learned tonight a ship arrives only once a week with mail.  That person thinks it is on Thursday.)

I decided to go search for some of my own decorations.  I head to The Dungeon which is a costume/party store.  I decided after a while that either I missed it or it moved. I turned around and pulled in to where I thought it use to be and there was a sign that they had moved.  It took me several sweeps of a very busy road to find the new location. They had all sorts of great stuff that I could have used in the previous 10 VBSs.  But nothing relevant for this one.  Next best thing, I head to a Filipino dollar store and buy a punch of plastic table cloths. You can do anything with those.

I get back to the parsonage to realize that dead cat is gone. Wait, wrong.  It was moved to right under the house window!!! I had a choice to make.  Die of heat. Die of bad smell.  I was really going to have to do something about this dead cat.  But first...swimming.

I found my way to a pool. (It's best not to ask where or how I got in.)  I did a bunch of laps and then got out to dry off.  It had become a bit cloudy and was cool, so I fell asleep. This never happens. (You can tell I'm tired.)  About 4pm, I get back to the parsonage to see the yard covered in chickens.  Ugh, that smell.

I decide to go see if I could make something out of those table cloths I bought, and come back to eat some supper.  Ugh, that smell. And lots of chickens. But wait...there is considerably less cat than earlier.  Are the chickens eating the dead cat?  Ewwwww....

After some more decorating, I come back to the house for water break.  Sure enough, the chickens are eating the cat.  There's only a leg left.

So...the moral of the story is.  Eat more beef.  Don't eat chicken. Chickens eat dead cats.  




No comments:

Post a Comment