Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Japanese Tourist Day!

Today I decided to play tourist.  But not just any tourist--Japanese tourist.  Laura's idea of touring an island would be to drive around the entire thing, visit the historical sites, pop into a local restaurant for lunch, and hit the beach.  However, a Japanese tourist is known for one thing--shopping!  (And by me playing Japanese tourist, I mean "looking" instead of "shopping.")

After a lovely breakfast of leftover SPAM friend rice (I really love that stuff more than I should), Perry and I headed out for a tourist day.  Our first stop was the largest K-Mart in the world.  K-mart has some great souvenirs that are typically cheaper than the average tourist store (except ABC).  After a nice time at K-mart, we decided to go to Guam Premium Outlets (GPO).  My real reason for going to GPO was to get some Dole Whip in honor of my mother's birthday, but since I was playing tourist I might as well go in all the stores.  I found a pair of $4 sunglasses at Ross.  I was hesitant to even look, because usually you wait in line 30min-1hr to check out. (Last time I was there, I waited for 45 minutes).  However, today's line was record short, and I really needed sunglasses since I lost mine about two weeks ago in a lazy river (the not-so-lazy section).   Perry and I had to kill a few minutes until the ice cream store opened so we could get our Dole Whip.  It was amazing. (And I had it all for you, mom! Happy Birthday.)

Since I just happened to be traveling with my swimming suit and beach towel, Perry and I thought we'd go to a good swimming pool/beach today because that is what a Japanese Tourist would do.  Hilton it was.  BEAUTIFUL!  Here are a few pics of our swimming view.



After I declared that it was too hot, we decided to continue our shopping spree in the high-end Guam shopping, DFS.  I assume a real Japanese tourist would go to buy Prada or Tiffany or Chanel or all these brands that I really don't know.  Laura playing the role of a Japanese tourist goes for the samples! You can sample the coffee, and chocolate, and chocolate covered macadamia nuts, and all the cookies.  It was great fun. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment