Thursday, June 16, 2016

Fly Over

Perry and I went swimming today.  It was a beautiful day up until I set foot out of the van and it started to rain. However, this was absolutely perfect, because Asian tourists melt in the rain.  The least hint of rain and they bolt to the nearest covering.  This meant that I had the entire water source (mostly) to myself.

After many, many, many laps I made it out of the water to dry off and read a bit. (The rain had stopped and had left things windy and "cool"...if "cool" is such a thing in this heat.)  Suddenly, a loud roar was taking place above me.  I look up just in time to watch three airforce fighter jets do a fly over in formation. (I assume they were Air Force; the could have been Navy.  I assume they were fighter jets. Do the military fly anything else super fast and in formation? I also know they were not B2s. I'm familiar with that aircraft as I nearly ran off a cliff more than once watching them fly over.  They seemed to always do their flying at the exact time I got off work...at the exact time I was driving down a cliff.  I'm lucky to be alive, you know.)

Anyway, it was so awesome.  I thought I was back with the Byng Band at Garden of the Gods when we got buzzed by those jets.  About the time the shock wore off, here they came again.

There is only one explanation for the second fly over. Some pilot saw me swimming, thought I was cute, and wanted a second glance. (Or they wondered why a grown woman was swimming with a stuffed platypus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment