Friday, June 24, 2016

Guam Flu

I got the Guam Flu.  (According to most islanders, any sickness is the "flu".)  It's fairly potent because...
1) I haven't been swimming in TWO days
2) I never made it out of a bed/couch until VBS tonight.
3) I have found myself freezing without the air con on.  This has never happened before!

My poor VBS workers are dropping like flies as well, so I'm not alone in this.  Also, according to islanders, it was because we were caught in the rain the other night.  But myth busters said that wasn't true, so I say it is just a virus making its rounds.

You probably think, "You have Perry. He'll take care of you."  Perry's a lousy nurse. :)  Adventures is more his calling.  (And we DO have adventures to share...but they'll have to wait until I'm up for putting pics on my computer.)

There are pros to this.  The snack ladies at VBS gave me an extra homemade chocolate chip cookie tonight. Then they made sure I had all the extra watermelon.  Today's diet consisted of apple, mango, watermelon, chocolate chip cookies.  I would say that's living right!


No comments:

Post a Comment