Saturday, June 11, 2016

Maui, Day 1

My friend Ashley has lived on Maui for three entire years, and I had yet to visit.  (See previous years of Perry & Smitty blogs to get to know Ashley.)  All that changed this year.

Perry, Ashley, and I  kicked off our day with Hawaiian coffee.  (Best part of waking up is Hawaii in your cup.)

We visited the cute little town of La-hiney.  (Please note that the names in all Maui blogs are made up, but the places are real.  All Hawaiian street, town, and beach names are either what I hear or what I see.)  La-hiney is probably known for it's shopping, tourism, beautiful view.  But for me it features one thing--Dole Whip.  (How I love you, Dole Whip.  How it had been way to many years since I got to savor your pineappley taste.)

The second best thing about La-Hiney was this beautiful truck....

But I suppose the ocean view isn't really all that bad either...


Of course, when you visit Hawaii you have to chase a lava field.  Having lived in Saipan, I know just how bloody a lava field can become, so we stuck to the trail.  (I have a few lava scars from my dumber days.)

And on the trail, we found goats....

And ancient Hawaiian lava-rock formations....


We ended the evening like all good islanders should...with fish tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment