Saturday, June 23, 2018

Guam Catch the Wave

Youth Retreat #4 of the summer has concluded.  I'm tired. Perry's tired. And we both look forward to not packing any more suitcases or switching beds until it is time to return to Oklahoma. (Since June 1st, we have slept in seven different beds and been on nine flights.)

The retreat was great! We again stayed at Oceanview Hotel in Tumon (the tourist town).  From our hotel, we have a great view of the ocean. It wasn't the best sunset ever, but still enjoyable.


We had sixteen teens and three adults attend.  I never got a picture with everyone at once, but here's a couple of beach group pictures.



In addition to our sessions, music, and prayer walks,


....we had some crazy games....

....and did a lot of swimming.....






....and ate a lot of food.  Here's a pic from Jamaican Grill which is a Guam favorite.  When I lived on island there were two of these restaurants.  The year I moved, the put one in about a half of a mile from where I lived to make three! 


I do love my Guam Catch the Wave retreats.  So many memories.  Some of these guys have siblings that have been coming since the first retreat in 2006! One of the adult sponsors has been to eleven retreats now as chief cook!  (Her youngest still has several years to go until he is old enough to attend, so we still have a lot of retreats together to go!)  For now, I leave you with....


No comments:

Post a Comment