Tuesday, July 10, 2018

The Real Adventure Begins, Part 2 (aka The Complexity of the Japanese Toilet)

We have already established this blogging season (and probably every blogging season) that I am not a fan of air travel.  Particularly, the being IN the air.  As we started our initial descent into Narita, the captain comes on and says that Air Traffic Control (ATC) has given them a hold pattern for about 15 minutes due to heavy traffic.  About 15 minutes later, the pilot says that ATC contacted them again and has asked them to keep the hold pattern for an additional 25 minutes. Seriously, I have to stay in the air for another 40 minutes!?  When we finally were cleared to land, the captain had to share that the weather conditions have deteriorated since we had been circling and the descent will be rather rough. Oh boy. 

Upon arrival I had to go back through security. Out the computer, iPad, projector, liquids and off the jacket and shoes. Grrrr.  Thankfully, I had a lounge pass. For the next 7 (or so if it took me lots of tries to get out of Narita) hours I could have free food and drinks and shower access.  Woo-hoo.  I was pleasantly surprised to see they had added a few things to the food spread....fresh fruit consisting mostly of kiwis and pineapple.  I am pretty sure I hate my free lounge pass way through the fruit. 

One of the most interesting things about Japan airports are the toilets.  Perhaps this is all over Japan? Check out the series of pictures for just one toilet...





In the end, I got to fly on the actual flight I had listed on, Narita to Houston. This shocked me as there were hardly any seats left. But they never filled and the standbys didn't build up either.  They were already boarding before I was handed a boarding pass.  10D--Business Class!!! Yummy food and a lay down bed/seat. I was so happy.  


No comments:

Post a Comment