Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A Blog of Pics Just to Make You Jealous


Blue Lagoon Resort, Chuuk is an absolute paradise.  I have had the blessing of staying here many times over the years.  My first stay was in 2006.  (It was a welcomed stay as the night before we were on one of the remote islands with no running water.) It's known as a Dive Resort as divers from all over the world come to dive the many wrecks from WWII.  (Over the years I have also been blessed to go on several wreck dives over the years. But a sinus infection last week left me unable to dive this trip.) This week I met divers from Brisbane, Auckland, Guam, and Baltimore.  

So I just wanted to make you all hate me by posting some of the beautiful pictures of the resort.






Now as you plot various ways to take me, be reminded of these following luxuries:


  • Once in a blue moon you might find internet…in the lobby only…at dial-up speed. Sometimes.  It's only strong enough for email...none of that Facebook, Blog, News, Pinterest business.  
  • Hot water? Ha!  Luke warm water? If you’re lucky.  My next hope for a hot shower void of roaches is when I hit the Narita airport on my way home. (Unless Saipan has hot water. Sometimes they do! But that's the end of June. Guam has hot water, but so many roaches join in. Ugh.) 
  • There’s electricity.  Most of the time.  But it is guaranteed to go off a minimum of four times a day.  Some times more.
  • There’s one restaurant. It’s really good! But you need to make sure you’re hungry when it’s open. 
  • Addicted to television?  The state of Chuuk has no tv. Hasn’t for many years now. 
Well folks, Perry and I are moving on to the island of Pohnpei where we will be kept even busier than our last six days in Chuuk.  


No comments:

Post a Comment