Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Work by the Beach/Cozy Mountain Lodge


Blog for Monday, May 27

Today I got to have a mini-vacation.  (I say mini because I had a women’s retreat in the evening.)  I slept in…until 6:45am! I’m a super early riser on the islands.  When the sun comes up, I am usually awake. And the sun comes up here in Chuuk before 5am. 
I took a leisurely breakfast so I could enjoy coffee.   Then I had internet for the first time in several days. (and by internet….I mean dial-up speed. Enough to check in with my parents and send my assistant a picture of my paradise. He hates me now.)  

I decided to do my Bible study and ladies retreat session reviews by the water. There are three deck chairs scattered around the resort, so I drug one to a shade tree on the beach and spent a couple of hours working on stuff.  



(Perry enjoyed his Bible study under a shade tree as well.) 


I still had one more training session of materials to write for my upcoming time in Pohnpei, so I headed back to the room to grab my laptop and then back to the beach.  I have to say that is how I like to work!



This afternoon I went to the ocean to enjoy the water and collect sand dollars.  Then the rain moved in.  I wasn’t necessarily excited about this, but Chuuk has been in a several week drought. They are having to deliver water to villages (as most islanders just catch rain water), so I was glad for them.  It rained all afternoon. 

Sixteen ladies braved the heavy rain for the Cozy Mountain Lodge (ladies retreat).  We ate food, played games, and studied the story of Ruth, Naomi, and Boaz. Even though Perry isn’t a lady, he found several girls to hang out with. 







And keeping with Filipino tradition, we ended the night with a group picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment