Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Random Radio

***I just found this unpublished post from July 2019. The original post is in black.  I will make updates in orange from the 2022 edition.**

Well, let's just say radio on the islands isn't quite what is available on the US Mainland.  Back in the day, I attempted the Christian radio scene.  My options were a Catholic Station (too much talking), SDA (too much talking), and Harvest (too many boring slow choir songs--no offense to the choir teachers).  Eventually I settled on a station I named, "Random Radio." 

You get local Guam news as well as Fox News Minute.  There is a large church on island that has a devotion that airs a few times a day.  Museum of the Bible has a segment every day.  I also love "This Day in History" segment.  I have learned a lot through those!

When I lived here, every day going home from work they played some of the awful, awful, awful auditions for American Idol (or one of those talent shows). I would laugh SO hard. 

Then there's the music. Basically, there's something for everyone....

Here's a list of the tunes I have heard over the summer (hence the name)...
Friends in Low Places (Garth Brooks)
Walk Like and Egyptian
All for Love (Bryan Adams)
Crazy (Patsy Cline)
Everyone Walk the Dinosaur
You Say (Lauren Daigle)
You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)
Ring of Fire (Johnny Cash)
I Will Always Love You (Dolly Parton)
Close to You (Carpenters)
Total Eclipse of the Heart (Bonnie Taylor)
I'll Be There for You (The Rembrandts)

I haven't gotten the radio too many times this summer because Shan is often in the vehicle and controls it with her music.  Though I won't allow Justin Bieber, we can at least agree on Anastasia. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment