Wednesday, July 6, 2022

A Week of Disappointment

This week has gone nothing like planned. (I blame it on the tooth--it set off the curse.)

On Monday, the young adult group was to go the Navy base for the 4th of July (Freedom Rocks) Celebrations. Bands, food trucks, carnival, island dancing, and fireworks were on the agenda.  First everyone got sick and then it was pouring rain, so that was cancelled. 

On Tuesday, I was supposed to have a lunch with a friend. She was sick. Cancelled.

On Tuesday evening we were to have a big youth dinner and hanging out time. I had goodies for them as thank you gifts from VBS.  Everyone was sick. Cancelled. (The Pastor's family and I did go to the nearby Food Trucks and I got some yummy local food!)




On Wednesday, the youth were supposed to hike Mt. Lam Lam in the evening. Everyone was sick (and it had rained too much). Cancelled.  So then I made back up plans with the pastor's family to go to Jeff's Pirate Cove, drive around the island, and go to Chamorro Village.  Everyone was sick.  I still did these things, but it wasn't the same.

This morning I was going to go to Ritidian Beach. Everyone was sick. Cancelled.

I guess we now know why I was sick before I came. So I could fight off all these germs this round.  Whew.



No comments:

Post a Comment