Monday, July 4, 2022

When You Don't Have an Underwater Camera

You know the water is clear when you get really great pictures of underwater creatures out of the water! 

This area is known for the blue star fish...


Another popular creatures, the moray eel  (For the record, I hate eels!  I find them creepier than snakes.)



And when I was in the water, I met a crazed parrot fish. I'm walking out in to the water (not quite waist deep) when something hit my let.  I jumped, startled, and then continued my journey.  Thud. Again! I look down and I'm a standoff with a fish.  I try to take step forward. Thud.  He just runs straight into me.  I take a step back, the fish relaxes. I try to go forward...thud. The fish just kept swimming around and around this specific area as if it was guarding something, and I wasn't allowed to cross.  (I'm guessing maybe it had laid eggs?)  If I tried to cross, it would "attack." I found it rather amusing and perhaps tortured the creature a bit more than I needed to by acting like I was going to cross. But just in case his best fried was a shark, I decided to go another way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment