Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Just Another Dental Emergency. (Sigh.) WARNING: GROSS PICTURES INCLUDED!

Everyone knows I can't have an island stay without some kind of medical/dental emergency. (Every. Single. Year.) There's been several rounds of Shrek Disease, Guam Flu, the crazy island rash--face edition, the crazy island rash--legs edition, and on and on and on. I just knew by having Covid when I should have originally came to the islands, I was scaring away the normal mishaps. Obviously not.

I'm just minding my own business (perhaps having a small slice of 7D Dried Mango) when I felt something hard swishing around with the mango in my mouth. Either I got a bad mango or something really bad just happened. Unfortunately it was the latter.

I was so upset.  Why do I have to have such terrible teeth!? Why?  (For the record, this happens to be one of my Shrek Disease Teeth.) I attended a short course at MDS (Messenger Dental School) with my dentist on how to DYI my crown until my return in case I couldn't get in to a dentist.  Super glue may have been involved.

On Tuesday, I was pretty positive I needed to see a dentist because the crown didn't seem right and I wasn't too keen on supergluing something to my mouth for them just to pry out later.  Sure enough, Dr Island Dentist said it wasn't going to work.  

It's funny how things work. Just earlier that day I was praying to God that I really needed the motivation to lose a few pounds. (I'm not looking good in these pictures and had quite a few buffets in Saipan--and ate a lot with Covid.  But the food is sooooo good here.)  So just a few hours later, God made a way that forces me to eat really, really slowly and my mouth gets so tired and exhausted I don't eat much.  Perfect.  😂  (The first 60+ hours, there were sharp points that cut my tongue with any movement--talking or swallowing.  During that time I still had VBS and a women's retreat--lots of talking. All the talking made my mouth very painful.  The dentist smoothed it out a bit to help it not be so painful, but it's still so cut up from the first few days that it makes eating difficult.)

For the freaks out there who want to see the pictures, here ya go....

The love crater in the back 24+ hours after it happened.
The orange you see means there has been a root canal. (See what I learned in dental school?)

I'm slightly down in my princess powers without this crown.



No comments:

Post a Comment