Friday, June 2, 2017

A Couple of Days Off

May was crazy.  Usually on my "small band trip years," May isn't so stressful.  Actually, the more I think about it, that statement is a lie.  May is ALWAYS stressful!  There are spring band concerts...and a couple of band contests for my younger band students...and a band banquet...graduation...end of the year reports, etc., etc., etc.  So....

I strategically planned my trip to the islands with two whole days off before I got into ministry gear. Yep, you heard me: TWO DAYS OFF!   During these days off, I have had not one, but two massages (and still could have one more and pay less than one back home would cost).  I went to street market where my beloved Thai House is back in business after the devastating typhoon that hit Saipan two years ago.  I was worried that the regular employees might not remember me since they weren't working last summer.  Of course, how do you forget me (& Perry)!?  I was greeted with all smiles and a welcome back last night at street market and again today when I went to to their lunch buffet.  Oh Thai House, would you please move to Oklahoma?

Perry and I also managed a trip to the spa.  It was the perfect day for the spa because I had it all to myself for the first hour I was there!  And Perry and I might have enjoyed a little photo shoot....

Perry poses by my favorite spot--the flower bath.  

This view never gets old!

Perry catches a few rays.

Perry enjoys the waterfall by the pool. 

Perry thinks if you need this sign to warn you not to take your electronic device into the sauna, you deserve to lose your electronic device.

The two days off have been great.  Of course, I can never totally take a day off.  I spent this morning studying for the ladies retreat I will lead tomorrow, and it is now time to start decorating for the retreat.  But...I tried. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I thought of an addition to yesterday's blog "20th Trek."  I forgot to mention that on my first flight they had "no usable water."  How do you have a plane with "no usable water"!?  (This also meant there was no coffee....something I had been counting on for my 30+ hour journey).  The last time I had a trip, the plane's lavatories were filled with over two hours left to go. No one could use the restroom for the last two hours of the trip.  These are things the airline industry should probably work on!

No comments:

Post a Comment