Saturday, June 3, 2017

God's in the Little Things

It’s so fun to see God work in the little things….

Last night I had a particularly bad night for all my strange pains.  I woke up moaning and was fairly certain I was going to have to bust out some sort of drugs. (No, not the illegal kind…I don’t do those.)  My arm was numb and in pain from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers. (No, I wasn’t having a heart attack.)  I did all the magic tricks to pop all the right places.  It wasn’t just “uncomfortable.”  It has been “uncomfortable” for a couple of months now.  It was in pain! Eventually, I got enough of the right things to pop to alleviate some of the pain and allow me some sleep.  (That reminds me of another story in Saipan back when I couldn’t find relief for neck pain.  The story has me in a bathtub with a gecko on my stomach staring me down.  The gecko later drown.)

Anyway…

Things seemed mostly “normal” when I got out of bed this morning.  At some point I mentioned to Helen Ann that she was almost the guest speaker at today’s retreat and explained my night.  She mentioned how wonderful her physical therapist was and that she would call. But I was fine, so I just brushed off the comment.

Throughout the day, things seemed to worsen. I didn’t necessarily say anything, but I guess my constant tugging, rubbing, pulling, and trying to pop my shoulder/arm/neck/wrist had Helen Ann sneak in to call her PT.  When no one answered at the clinic, she sent her an email.  (I had no idea this was going on.)

Towards the end of the retreat, Helen Ann asked her husband (the pastor) to come pray for me.  The ladies gathered around and prayed that I could have enough relief to make it through all that was left to do this summer.  Immediately after we prayed, Helen Ann received a message that I had a 4:30 appointment with her P/T.

While with the P/T (who was AMAZING), she said that she would have never checked her email today.  But she kept trying a password for something and it was continuously denied. Finally, she decided the easiest thing to do was to reset the password…which sent her an email…when meant she saw the email asking about me. 


After an hour and a half and “a long thoracic nerve that is barely hanging on,” I’m doing better than I’ve done in a days and have an appointment for Monday morning!  Hopefully, she can work out all the kinks before I head to my next island. 

No comments:

Post a Comment