Saturday, June 17, 2017

VBS Year 12 is in the Books, Almost

Aside for the Sunday program, Perry and I have survived another year of VBS.  It seems the kids had a really great week.  The teens probably had just as much fun.  (And I would dare to say, that I even saw the adults smile a little too.)  We were blessed with enough workers and plenty of food!

As kids gathered on Friday night, I looked up to see a rainbow over my old apartment. (Bottom left).





Today, Perry and I had a little pool time as we gazed at the ocean.  It's always nice to prepare for my programs and lessons with that kind of view.  I wonder if I could build that kind of view in Byng as I prepare for band and elementary music programs? OR...maybe I should take a trip to the beach before every event!







Tonight, I left my camera again.  I got to celebrate big time with a trip to Outback.  (The preacher's daughter  had a birthday this week and that was her restaurant of choice.  I was happy to oblige!)  The prices are marked up about 50% to what they would be in a menu back home. That is ridiculous.  I did enjoy my meal.  A couple from church (that happens to own a business or two on island) was dining there as well. They sent us an appetizer as a gift, so that was fun.  Then we came back to the parsonage to celebrate with a peanut butter cup ice cream cake.  Now that I'm five pounds heavier than when I got up.....



No comments:

Post a Comment