Sunday, June 4, 2017

Blast from the Past

Tonight I went to the Filipino church.  People in this church were the first friends I made the summer of 2003 when I stepped on island for the first time.  Hardly anyone is left in that church due to a bunch of political hogwash, but I shall not get started on all of that.  Thankfully, most of them are in the US or Canada, so maybe I will get to see them all someday.

Anyway...tonight I went to Filipino church.  I arrived a few minutes early (and since they start a few minutes late), I decided to take a walk around the grounds.  This church (Saipan Community Church) was associated with the school that I taught from 2004-2006 (Saipan Community School).  The school also had apartments, so it was kind of nice to walk to work and walk home from lunch.  Perhaps the best part of the package was the fact that it was located ON THE BEACH!  I thought about linking my old blog so you could go back and check out some of the good old days. I was pleasantly surprised to see that after 9 years, I could still log in!  However, it appears the blog posts have been archived. So, I shall download those later.  (But, all of the pictures are there!)

Since I couldn't link you in to the teaching stories of my former beach life, here are a few pics I took tonight. (I really didn't take them at the right time of day...sorry.)

Kinder, band room, cafeteria

Playground with ocean in the background

Top story-right side: my classroom

2nd-5th grade rooms and library

church (chapel for school)

The apartments on top story. More classes on bottom story.

View of church from apartments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment