Friday, June 1, 2012

8th Grade Writing Test--Roads

When I was in 8th grade, I was the first class to ever take the Oklahoma 8th Grade Writing Test.  Now, it's a typical event that hits every February on the day of District Band Contest.  When we opened our test, we were to write about "roads."  That is all the cue we had. As I began, I wrote about the horrid state of the country roads in Oklahoma.  However, had I visited Chuuk prior to that time, I would have had a whole new set of weapons to use on the test.  When we traveled to yesterday's graduation, it took over 1 hour to go 8 miles.  You can almost walk faster than you can drive around here.  Because of the heavy rain the last few days, the potholes are full of water.  And some of the holes are so deep, they come at least 1/2-way up the car doors--or higher!  You know the sight--the kind of water situations the news tells you not to drive in.  A few years ago they started a road improvement project in Chuuk.  Every year, they tell me the roads will be better next year.  Every year, the potholes are deeper.  They great part is, they will make a perfect swimming pool for Perry!

See for yourself...


No comments:

Post a Comment