Friday, June 1, 2012

I Survived Without Props!


Today, I had my first ministry assignment while on the islands....the children/teens of Weno,Chuuk.  But imagine with me if you dare---limited English speakers (I know little Chuukese, Perry knows less), 3 hours, and absolutely nothing to break the barrier.  Thankfully, I rarely clean out my carry-on.  I was able to find some post-it notes, a roll of tape, a binder clip, two markers, some balloons, and thanks to my Secret Sister at church some candy & bubble gum.  I've never stretched so few things...so far before.  Oh yeah, I also had a band-aide.  This came in handy when I did an impromptu reenactment of the Good Samaritan.  Hopefully, when we meet again on Monday, I'll have the craft supplies!  After about 1 1/2 hours, I had nothing.  So, I fell back to the only thing I know how to do...sing silly songs.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment