Saturday, June 9, 2012

Important People

I would like to make a note that I am listening to the governor (of Pohnpei) speak.  He is speaking to a group of Japanese (that took my nice hotel room and gave me the downgrade) that are visiting the island for...well...that is kind of a mystery.  It is either 1) the airport runway was lengthened 2) the anniversary of the lengthened runway 3) the inaugural flight from Japan (but as I ask questions no other flights have been planned nor did the fly on a Japanese airlines--it's a chartered United flight) 4) for the opening of the recycling center donated by Japan 5) just make up any story and it could be in the running.

So, all the Japanese that I am spying on as they listen to the governor are government officials and actors/actresses (so I'm told). 

And speaking of important people, I don't think I mentioned that I talked to the President of the FSM last week.  Okay, so it's probably the smallest country in the world, but he was still a president. How many of you had a conversation with a president of the country?  (Okay, it wasn't really a conversation it was a "hello".)

No comments:

Post a Comment