Friday, June 29, 2012

VBS!

I know that it looks like all Perry and I do is go to the beach, travel to various islands, find ourselves in trouble, but in reality I come to work with my church.  I have spent 4 years living in Guam/Saipan as a volunteer missionary and five summers helping with island ministry.  My official job is to conduct youth retreats.  On some of the islands, minimum wage is as low as $1.25. Plane tickets are regular super-ridiculous price.  Therefore, it is impossible to have a District wide church camp. My job is to take the church camp to the other islands.  In my spare time I do other things like preach on Sundays, run VBS, host Bible studies, etc.  Then in my spare-spare time I do all my crazy adventures.  All this is to say...check out Perry with some of the kiddos tonight at VBS.


No comments:

Post a Comment