Saturday, June 22, 2013

I am so rich...

Yesterday was not my first time to go through a very depressed area...whether it be in Pohnpei, Chuuk, Indonesia, Thailand, China, South Africa, or the Philippines.  However, having seen first hand whatever poverty looks like in no way makes it easier the next time. Suddenly, thinking I have no money because I can't paint my house or get new cabinets in my kitchen seems selfish.

Today I went to village outside of Manila, Philippines.  We were there to serve in a variety of ways from feeding kids, to picking up trash, to taking some families some food, to playing games with the children.  One of my jobs was to walk the streets of the village to invite children to attend the activities and then later help lead in some of these activities.  Here's just a big of what I saw today...


The houses didn't get much better than this...
 Boy & his bird
 Everyone loves Perry!
 No money doesn't mean no party.  Streamers made from trash!
 Walking the streets...
 This trash wasn't in an isolated area--it was everywhere.
 The kids loved taking pictures
 This is all the kids that game for crafts, games, and food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment