Saturday, June 8, 2013

One more for the band nerds...

So now after two band nerdy posts, you probably think that I sit at home and watch you-tube videos of band stuff.  Actually, I only watching you tube videos in May when I'm planning my youth sermons.  Then there was tonight.  I was reading an article my father sent me...clicked on another article from there which had a video of Steve Martin (who is a pro banjo player, you know) on Letterman.  Then I got all wrapped up in watching bluegrass videos. (Perry says he hears you laughing--actually, he's laughing at me.)  In the midst of watching a Rhonda Vincent video, I see a link for the Ohio Marching Band. I haven't really figured out that connection.

The Ohio Marching Band has a lot of interesting shows.  I was thinking that we could do the drum break dance about half way through this video if the we had a percussion court show.  We can all walk on the court with our instruments--like we were going to play--and just dance while they play. The music would be super easy to memorize. Only the percussionists would have to learn anything. And since they make it up anyway, the court show is almost finished. All we need to do now is learn to boogie! (Uh, do people use the word boogie these days?  Uh, did people even use the word boogie when I was in high school. I think I watched too many bluegrass videos.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mAjVjIeAkA

No comments:

Post a Comment