Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Riot!!!

I experienced a first when I was in prison today (visiting--Perry and I haven't committed a crime worthy of imprisonment--yet).  Perry and I went to bust out my buddy Samuel.  (When I say bust out, we were taking him to the doctor and for another appointment.)  As we were waiting for them to change Samuel into his non-prison attire, I heard someone scream LOCK DOWN and all the officers on their cookie break (this is not a lie--most of the officers left the building, each carrying a cookie or two in their hands, and taking pictures by the front gate) came running with their weapons.  Then there was lots of screaming and banging and noise and more screaming....for a moment I thought I was in the recent Hawaii 5-O episode when Chen was in falsely in prison and a riot broke out with the bad guys trying to kill him.  Perhaps an angry student or enemy of Perry had come to kill us.  Sadly, there was no Steve McGarrett to rescue me.  I guess I'm on the wrong island.

I'm one step closer to actually busting my buddy out of this facility into a lesser facility that can eventually get him released on good behavior.  This place will be so much better and they will allow him to attend church on Sunday's once he makes it to the third phase.  AND they'll allow him to keep his Bible from the very beginning! (The place he is in now confiscated his Bible because he could use the cover as weapon.)  I'll spend my day tomorrow trying to get him moved.  Hopefully, the Lord will pave a way and Samuel will be sleeping a new place tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment