Saturday, June 8, 2019

Catch the Wave, Guam

I've decided I'm too old for youth retreats.  I wonder if the senior citizen retreats need a speaker.  I AM EXHAUSTED! I think I could go to sleep right now and sleep for two days.

We had a fantastic youth retreat with the Guam teens.  We had 16 teens and 3 1/2 adults. (The 1/2 adult was just there on Friday to help transport kids, pay for the hotel, and fix supper.)  We again stayed at Ocean View Resort.  The boys had a two bedroom suite and the girls had the same. (I'm typically with the boys.) 

Here's a break down of our weekend by category.  We enjoyed the pool.  (Even Perry was caught soaking up the rays with some of his long time buddies.) 




We ate lots and lots of food....and cake...and ice cream...







I would like to say we slept...but I'm pretty sure this picture is a lie. (At least I'm not feeling the sleep.)

We enjoyed the great view!



And we even managed to squeeze in the entire reason we met for the weekend...God!




We really did have a GREAT weekend.  

(I also learned a new game...marko polo...in the hotel room...in the dark.  It was hilarious.  If you are a band person reading this, you are probably surprised that I allowed such shenanigans to go on in a hotel room...at 11pm.  We were on the 3rd floor. Floor one and two were under construction.  The rooms to one side of us were also under construction. And we had the room to the other side of us. So I was fairly sure we were safe from noise complaints!)


No comments:

Post a Comment