Thursday, June 6, 2019

Uh...Nice Hotel Room?

Lodging is always a perplexing subject on the islands.  Frequently things are just....different.  My hotel room in Pohnpei was no exception.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hotel. It has a fantastic view.  One of my favorites in all of Micronesia


My room this year was probably double the size of my entire apartment when I lived in Guam. (Of course, that place was SO SMALL!)



But wait....there's more....


Yes a kitchen...It was an entire room all together.  The kitchen is actually bigger than my room I'm staying in right now (in Guam). 

I didn't get a picture of the bathroom, but you had to go up two steps to get into the bathroom. (It also had HOT water!!!)

But here are the perplexing parts....



That is my balcony...aka part of the restaurant.  People could just sit right there at my bedroom window and eat!

And this is the part that Perry found most perplexing.  Both sides of the bed had a nightstand with a lamp. However, there were no plugins for the lamp, so the cords just hung down.  And even if there was a plug in, neither lamp had a light bulb!  Hmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment