Friday, June 21, 2019

Jade Lady

Tonight is my last day of my "vacation." After seeing pics from a friend's sunset cruise in Hawaii recently, I suggested to my Saipan people we should go on the Jade Lady (dinner cruise in Saipan harbor).  The last time three of us had gone was seven years ago, so it was time! 
The land you see far away is Saipan....the island up close is Managaha. 
You can read a blog from last year about Managaha.


Fish two nights in a row!  This mahi mahi was very tasty. 

Laura, Laura, & Helen Ann. (Perry's the photographer, of course.)

We had lots of beautiful blue fish swimming around tonight!
Perry wanted to swim with the fish.  I mean, he might be a platypus, but I'm not sure about his swimming skills.

Since Independence Day is coming soon, I thought this was a nice pic. 

We are still missing one of our crew...and Perry. 

Another island sunset with the tip of Smiling Cove (on the left)
and Managaha (way in the back on the right)
And in case you were wondering, yes we danced to Achy Breaky Heart on the boat. And yes, that song is stuck in my head. And yes, that song will be stuck on my head until about October when we start Christmas music.  Jerry (the phenomenal musician/entertainer for the boat, has been out here performing for almost 30 years, I think), always ends the show with dancing to Achy Breaky Heart and YMCA. I completely forgot or I would have mentally prepared.  The YMCA dance is the same one they use at Hard Rock here in Saipan (which he also performs) and was always a favorite of my teacher friends and me.  So I half won.

No comments:

Post a Comment