Wednesday, June 19, 2019

East Bay Cliff (Jumping) Snorkeling

Josiah and I went cliff snorkeling today.  It's an adventure not everyone is willing to make with him. He knew I was dumb enough to go along.  I had been once before, but it had been many years. 

This snorkeling adventure is on the east side of the island, so there's not really a reef. And it does involve jumping off a cliff to get into the water.  But once you're in, super great snorkeling is ahead.  Perry and I posed for a few pics before we embarked on our adventure.  (This is a way better experience than before because the tire ladder has been replaced with a wooden ladder and rope which is way easier to navigate. AND there's an old carpet at the top, so you don't slice your legs on the lava rock as you hoist yourself out of the water. 
Road to East Bay Cliff

Yes, the land you see off in the distance is where we are going.

Pretty flowers along the road.

Perry contemplates his bravery. 

But the colors are so nice...it really is calling our names.

And the colors keep getting nicer...yes, that gets very deep but means bigger fish!

We love the beauty!

Okay, okay...we can't resist any longer. We are jumping!

And since we are telling this tale, you know we survived.  

After this I got to go to my FAVORITE restaurant in the world, Thai House. (And, yes, they still remember me. And they broke it to me that there is no street market tonight. Tear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment