Thursday, June 13, 2019

Make the Most of Sunrises!

85% of all flights take off before 7am.  That means, most of the airport runs are at 4-5am. UGH.  On Thursday, I had to take the Guam interim pastor to the airport at 3:45am so he could return to his teaching assignment in the Philippines.  When my friend found out, she said....want to go for an early walk and then pancakes on the beach.  Hello....she had me at pancakes.

For our sunrise walk, we went to Asan Beach Park.  For you history buffs, the Asan Invasion Beach is one of the landing sites of American forces in the WWII 1944 Battle of Guam.  (This is where the island was retaken from occupying Japanese forces.) It became part of the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.   And for you non-history buffs, it has a great walking trail around the park. 



In the monument behind Perry and me should be a torpedo or bomb of some sort. I'm not sure what happened to it. (???)

After the walk, we did get our pancakes. I had coconut pancakes...yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment