Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Home in Saipan

Landing in Saipan is like coming home.  On Tuesday, I touched down at 5:30pm which kicked off my 3 day vacation for the summer.  We headed straight to PIC for smoothies.  This made me so happy.

The next day, Perry and I got up and went snorkeling with Josiah and Amy.  Amy is here for the first time and had never been snorkeling before. She loved it.  We loved it too!  So many amazing and colorful fish and coral.
Perry has his snorkel gear and is ready to go!

Pau Pau Beach


After two hours or so of snorkeling, we wanted to show Amy a bit more so we went up to Suicide Cliff.  The though view off the cliff is still incredible, as you look back you can see the island has not recovered from their last typhoon.  The flame trees have lost their flame. :(

Flame trees without the flame & temporary cell phone tower being run by generator.

Suicide Cliff Lookout (We didn't know we would be exploring...so still in swimwear.)


After Suicide we had just enough time to squeeze in the 172 steps down to the Grotto.  (We did not have time to actually swim in the Grotto.)

You mean I have to go back UP all those stairs!? Ugh.

Add the bottom of the Grotto. (I wanna swim!)

Sometimes you just have to explain why you're carrying around a stuffed platypus with security (and then you take a pic)!

Our not-so-fun adventure we a stop at the hospital to visit a lady from the church who was just admitted with an infection. (I realized picture was on the phone...so never mind Perry at the hospital.)

But we topped off the day back at PIC for smoothies with one of my favorite waiters. He was glad to see me back on island!

No comments:

Post a Comment