Wednesday, March 8, 2023

20 Years

It was 20 years ago that I first stepped off the plane and felt the humidity of paradise slap me in the face. 



I remember seeing the airport (the picture above) for the first time.  (However, I landed in the dark so it wasn't as bright as this.)  Never in my wildest imagination that a journey twenty years ago would have brought to not only return to the island, but to live.  I just keep coming back, and I am oh so grateful that I have been blessed with the opportunity to serve in paradise.



Paradise.  It took me less than 3 hours to find my way to this view after landing in Saipan. 

What I found most special is that God blessed me on this 20th Anniversary year with one of my favorite island views that I don't get every trip--a full moon.  I love driving down the hill to Kagman and seeing the moon reflect on the water. Or driving on to Tank Beach and seeing the reflection.  (Though maybe driving there late at night...by myself...late at night...down a boonie road...late at night might not have been the smartest move on my list of adventures.  What's even worse, I considered that it wasn't smart and did it anyway because it's my favorite.  I did pray that God would protect me in my stupidity.  However, I'm pretty sure that is not how prayer is intended. But I am grateful that no one kidnapped me nor did my car didn't break down!)






No comments:

Post a Comment