Friday, March 10, 2023

Band!

I have the honor of getting to work with some band students while I'm here on the islands!  When I lived here, I didn't teach band. Had I moved here a year earlier, I could have taught band. I have also been offered that opportunity a few times since living here when one of the positions come open.  So it was really a great honor to be asked to clinic while I was on island.  

My first clinic was with first and second year band students are Mt Carmel School.  Mt Carmel is just about a block away from Saipan Community School--where I taught from 2004-2006.  

Here are some pictures of my adventure of teaching band. 






As you can see, Perry came along for the ride! (He also observed to make sure I was doing everything correctly!)  






I also want to give a shout out to Ada Music Center for giving me I Love Band pencils. The kids were pretty excited to get a souvenir from Oklahoma. 


I will get to be a part of another clinic in a few days with the advanced band students from all the school on island!





No comments:

Post a Comment