Saturday, March 4, 2023

Guam is Still a Billion Miles Away

Well, they most certainly haven't moved Guam any closer. Nor have they pushed back the leave time of the flights.  As you can see, neither Perry nor I look very awake for that 5am airport arrival.  


But one thing that has changed over the years is the airport viewing options. Gone are the days of one movie--shown at the front of each cabin.  (However, you had 9 channels on the headset.  The movie. The movie in another language.  Plus a couple of music stations and a children's story.  Now you have a million movies and tv shows to chose from.  And even newer than that is live television.

Let's just say I'm not a fan of live tv.  These are the two things that flashed before my eyes at 33,000 feet.  So not only did we get some turbulence stories, but there was also the guy with the explosive (but I didn't catch that pic.)  I think we can how better programing than plane crash disaster news stories.    



Speaking of turbulence. I had none over the Pacific.  Maybe a couple of hiccups. But my usual bumpy Pacific flights were smooth as silk.  This could have been because my aunt and uncle's church prayed for me.  (It also probably helped that I wasn't flying during typhoon season too.)  However, the flight from Tulsa to Houston was throw you in the floor kind of rough.  At least I was expecting it since we went over a bunch of storms that hit home a few hours later.


Perry had a good flight.  We were expecting the worst, as we went back to our normal class and wasn't getting to sit in the good seats.  Thankfully, we were able to be bumped up to economy plus on all our flights which gave use 3 more inches.  And thankfully, on the flight to Houston and Honolulu, the middle seat was open!!!  So Perry didn't have to fly under the seat. He was able to enjoy the trip in style.



I wouldn't say I was enjoying the trip (as you can see by my face), but I didn't enjoy leaning on the seat next to me and stretching my legs out on it.  They guy by the window also enjoyed the extra space.  We decided we made a good traveling team with an empty seat and were both sad that we couldn't go all the way to Guam like that. (Last flight--every seat full. Ugh)


 I made it to Guam safely and without event, which is how I like. I will jump straight in to church meetings, so let the fun begin!

1 comment: