Saturday, March 4, 2023

Halfway to Hawaii

I forgot to share the best part of my travel!

United Airlines has a little game they have been playing for 10ish years called Halfway to Hawaii. Once airborne, you are given the time you departed, miles between Houston and Honolulu, your speed, and the speed of headwind/tailwind.  Then you are to try to determine the exact moment (hour--minutes--seconds) that you will reach the halfway point to Hawaii.   (Now it is a little tricky because you don't always keep the exact speed...and headwind/tailwinds can change...so it's a bit of a guessing game.)

For the second time, I won!  I'm not even sure if I have played since I won the last time.  My prize--one of the Polaris (Business Class) gel pillows.  I actually love these pillows and had already lamented flying in the back meant I didn't get a good pillow.  (After I won, I learned that flying in the front would haven't helped either. They don't have them on the Hawaii legs in business class. But guess who has one in the back...ME! Or by the looks of this picture...Perry.)



Here's a link to my win 10 years ago. :)

Halfway to Hawaii 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment