Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Micronesia District Assembly New & Old Friends

I really enjoyed getting to be in-person at our District Assembly for the first time since 2008.  (I wonder if the school would let me do this every year? 😂 You're right...it's too soon.)

Over the assembly days, I consumed at least 4 million calories per day eating 3 large meals.  (I knew this would happen, so I prepared myself by practicing the word "NO!"  But when it was island food of red rice...spam fried rice...lumpia...I just didn't have it it me to say anything but "Seconds?"  

The three days were full of meetings, but also we had an amazing church service which included the installation of the new Guam pastor.  Before the service started, these three younger boys saw me. Their face lit up and they ran over and me and enveloped me in a giant bear hug. I thought they were happy to see me.  But then they said, "Miss! It's already time for VBS!?"  (They had a rude awakening the next day when they had to go to school and not VBS.) I love the picture of the worship team.  Almost ever single one of them I have known since they were little kids.  I love seeing how they have grown up and serve the Lord!



Sunday night was a fancy meal at a restaurant (and another group picture).  



Monday, everyone got to experience a good Guam tourist beach after a nice hearty Wendy's breakfast.  (If you have been a reader for years, I refer to this beach as Ben's Beach.  I've logged many of ocean minutes in that water and on that sand.)











On Monday evening, we met one of the first Bible college students in Baguio (Philippines).  She is 91 years old and took us to dinner!  Her husband was martyred in the Philippines.   She is such a sweet lady. 

I'm sad the meetings and time of fellowship has ended, but that means one thing...SAIPAN!

Here's a drop of random pictures from the three days in Guam with my new and old friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment